I am a computer science student at Stanford University and a part time magician of the Society of American Magicians and Silicon Valley’s Secret Magic Garage. I am looking to build a meaningful career.
History, Philosophy, Psychology, Theology…ah, and Computer Science.
- Co-terminal M.S. in Computer Science Candidate, Stanford University, Stanford, CA (Exp. 2022)
- B.S. Honors in Computer Science Candidate, Stanford University, Stanford, CA (2017-2021)
- Saint Brendan High School, Miami, FL. (2012-2016)
- Technical Research Assistant @ Stanford Internet Observatory, Stanford University. Summer 2020
- Backend API engineer for DGAP: Data Gathering and Analysis Portal, for the 2020 Election Integrity Partnership for live social media analysis of the U.S. 2020 elections.
- Software Developer @ Center for the Study of Language and Information, Stanford University. Summer 2020
- Developed web apps and tools for the Openproof Research project used by universities around the world to teach the fundamentals of logic and computational mathematics.
- Software Developer @ Adobe, Inc. Summer 2019
- Design Systems team for Adobe Xd. Focused on improving the features of the components elements and developed + shipped a new feature for UX design in Adobe Xd.
- Software Engineering Intern @ Apple, Inc. Summer 2018
- Apple Health + Apple Watch team. Worked on developing internal first party app health experiences for iOS and watchOS devices.
- Research Assistant @ Florida International University Summer 2017
- Assisted at the Distributed Multimedia Information Systems Laboratory and Integrated Computer Augmented Virtual Environment working on a Miami Beach model to simulate storms and sea level rise.
- Lead Instructor @ CODeLLA Summer 2017
- CODeLLA’s 8 week cohort serving underprivileged middle school girls with 21st century skills. Taught design thinking and coding for girls to build their own apps.
- Stanford Summer Engineering Academy, Stanford University Summer 2016
- Spent a month exploring the different fields of engineering with +16 professors.
- iOS Engineer @ Faceplay, Inc. (now Magic Studio, Inc.) Jun 2016 - Sep 2016
- Worked remotely with a small team to develop different iOS apps.
- InstaStory (+300K downloads)
- PokéLocator (#4 Navigation Apps on App Store’s Top Charts)
- Voicify (Vodafone U.K. Best New Apps in July 2016)
- Indie iOS Developer Jun 2014 - Present
- Self-taught iOS Developer. Created a variety of iOS projects where I learned mobile development skills, time management, resourcefulness, lateral thinking, etc.
- Some of the iOS Apps include: C.U.B.E., COLOR5, SPUTNIK, CloudCamera (1st place overall winner MangoHacks 2017 - Florida International University)
||Backend API Engineer
||Web App Development
- Stanford Triathlon Team
- Society of American Magicians
- Silicon Valley Secret Magic Garage Member
- International Brotherhood of Magicians
- Have co-taught magic classes at Google and Stanford University
Fellowships & Awards
- First Principles Summer Philosophy Scholar 2020, Witherspoon Institute at Princeton University
- Civitas Dei Fellow 2020, Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception with the Thomistic Institute
- Junior Fellow Winter 2020, Zephyr Institute
- Nike & Elle Magazine Mexican Women 2018
- Premio Nacional de la Juventud 2017 Finalist (Mexico’s National Youth Award)
- Facebook Developers Conference F8 2017 Scholarship Recipient
- Apple Inclusion and Diversity: Creating Opportunities
- Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference Scholar 2015 and 2016
- The Miami Herald Digital Media Silver Knight Award 2016
- NCWIT National Aspirations in Computing Award Runner-up
- 2016 Congressional Achievement in Coding Excellence
As seen on…
||The Miami Herald