I obtained both a B.S. in CS focusing on Human-Computer Interaction and an M.S. in CS focusing on Artificial Intelligence from Stanford University.
- Graduate Fellow @ Regulation, Evaluation and Governance Lab, Stanford Law School. 2021-Present
- Worked and lead computer vision and NLP projects, including:
- “Improving Case Adjudication with Natural Language Processing: Periodic Entitlement Review at the Department of Labor”
- “Shortcomings of the Word Embeddings Bias Framework”
- “Detecting Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations from Satellite Images with Deep Learning”
- Software Engineering Intern @ Hallow, Inc. Summer 2021
- Worked on the foundational software infrastructure for language internationalization to expand to multiple languages, focusing on iOS. Other responsibilities: QA testing and feature tracking.
- Technical Research Assistant @ Stanford Internet Observatory, Stanford University. Summer 2020
- Engineer for the Data Gathering and Analysis Portal (DGAP) used during the 2020 Election Integrity Partnership for live social media analysis. Platform continues to be used during election years.
- Lead Software Developer @ Center for the Study of Language and Information, Stanford University. Summer 2020
- Software engineer for a mathematical logic instruction web application. Helped on-board and train interns unfamiliar with large-scale software development, large code bases, and version control.
- Software Developer @ Adobe, Inc. Summer 2019
- Design Systems team for Adobe Xd. Focused on improving the features of the components elements and developed + shipped a new feature for UX design in Adobe Xd.
- Software Engineering Intern @ Apple, Inc. Summer 2018
- Apple Health + Apple Watch team. Worked on developing internal first party app health experiences for iOS and watchOS devices.
- Lead Instructor @ CODeLLA Summer 2017
- CODeLLA’s 8 week cohort serving underprivileged middle school girls with 21st century skills. Taught design thinking and coding for girls to build their own apps.
- Stanford Summer Engineering Academy, Stanford University Summer 2016
- Spent a month exploring the different fields of engineering with +16 professors.
- iOS Engineer @ Faceplay, Inc. (now Magic Studio, Inc.) Jun 2016 - Sep 2016
- Worked remotely with a small team to develop different iOS apps.
- InstaStory (+300K downloads)
- PokéLocator (#4 Navigation Apps on App Store’s Top Charts)
- Voicify (Vodafone U.K. Best New Apps in July 2016)
- Indie iOS Developer Jun 2014 - Present
- Self-taught iOS Developer. Created a variety of iOS projects.
- Some of the iOS Apps include: C.U.B.E., COLOR5, SPUTNIK, CloudCamera (1st place overall winner MangoHacks 2017).
||Version Control – Git/Subversion
||Web App Development
- Stanford Triathlon Team
- Society of American Magicians
- Silicon Valley Secret Magic Garage Member
- International Brotherhood of Magicians
- Have co-taught magic classes at Google and Stanford University
Fellowships & Awards
- Zephyr Institute Summer 2022 Fellow, A Seminar on Technology, Apocalypse, and Revolution.
- Hertog Institute Summer 2022 Fellow, Living with Artificial Intelligence Seminar.
- Thomistic Institute Fellow 2021, Philosophy and Natural Science Symposium.
- First Principles Summer Philosophy Scholar 2020, Witherspoon Institute at Princeton University
- Civitas Dei Fellow 2020, Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception with the Thomistic Institute
- Junior Fellow Winter 2020, Zephyr Institute
- Nike & Elle Magazine Mexican Women 2018
- Premio Nacional de la Juventud 2017 Finalist (Mexico’s National Youth Award)
- Facebook Developers Conference F8 2017 Scholarship Recipient
- Poster Child for Apple’s Inclusion and Diversity: Creating Opportunities Campaign
- Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference Scholar 2015 and 2016
- The Miami Herald Digital Media Silver Knight Award 2016
- NCWIT National Aspirations in Computing Award Runner-up
- 2016 Congressional Achievement in Coding Excellence
As seen on…
||The Miami Herald